Thursday, May 1, 2008

Tons of new stuff for spring...

Okay so it's been forever since i've updated this. I'm way over due. Anyways, over the past few months i've boughten a bunch of crap for the old stang. I got GT front and rear anti-sway bars to replace those skinny stock v6 ones. I also ordered some J&M tubular lower control arms because I was getting really bad wheel hop / shuttering as a result of the new positraction I now have. It's a lot different when both wheels are spinning on the concrete as opposed to one wheel pushing the car forward. I got my car retuned by Doug Studdard down at BamaChips in Alabama. His race tune really woke my car up. The shifts are very firm now. The tires chirp between 1st and second gear, and also between 2nd and third. Those are some pretty tight shift points from an auto. The biggest mod to my car by far has been the Zex nitrous kit i just put on it. I have all the accessories for it too (purge, remote bottle opener, bottle heater, pressure gauge...). I used a 60 shot of nitrous a few times last weekend when i went down to Minneapolis and around University ave. I lined up with a 2006 EVO twice. The first race i spun the tires all the way through the first 2 gears and lost by a car and a half. The second race i didn't spray until 2nd gear and I beat him by a half car. He said he missed third gear though. Either way, I was with him through the first 2 gears and the nitrous was putting out some massive torque. I'm positive I would have beat him even if he did get it into 3rd gear right away.

I just bought a few supporting parts for the nitrous this week; An AEM wideband a/f gauge, an electric nitrous pressure gauge, NGK TR6 spark plugs, and some other stuff. I also bought a neon kit to put underneath my hood. My vision is to have red neon glowing out of the two scoops and vents in my hood. BADASS; the only word that will describe it.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter