Sunday, January 6, 2008

Red Leather Installed in The Bullitt

The red leather seats came in the mail this Saturday. I originally planned to store them inside until spring so they don't get salt and snow all over them during the rest of the harsh Minnesota winter. Well, that idea lasted until i opened the box. So later that night, right around the time the Steelers vs. Jaguars playoff game came on (7:00 pm), i set out to start taking off the original seats. Travis stopped over and helped muscle the drivers seat cover off and muscle the new leather one on. I ended up stopping at around 2 a.m. I only had the drivers seat done and the bottom of the back seats done. Surprisingly when in woke up this morning i was insanely sore from all the bending, leaning, and manhandling it took to get the damn covers off. My hands have numerous cuts and bruises from lost fights with pliers and screw drivers. I toughed it out today and started working on the seats again at 4 p.m. I got done with everything around 8. The seats are in now and they look so sweet. Finally i got my red leather interior after 2 and a half years! Odds are i'll type up a guide for all mustang guys who want to do this swap but have side impact airbags like i do which makes it a little more difficult to do.


Penny Approves.

1 comment:

Becki256 said...

My cat wants to go fast~ The seats look really good!!

 

Free Blog Counter